Conducting Research in the Collections
Students, scholars, or other interested individuals may conduct research using the Lakewood Historical Society's collections. Researchers must conduct the research on-site at the Haber Family Center for History during regular business hours. Materials are not permitted to be checked-out. It is best to contact the curator prior to the visit at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216-221-7343 to indicate what your research interests are so the materials can be gathered in advance and be available during your visit without delay.
- A written request by the person(s) stating the (a) purpose of access and anticipated use of the research, (b) need for access, and (c) signed research policy affirming knowledge and understanding of research practices at the Society shall be completed prior to gaining access to the collections.
- Authorization for access will be given/or denied by the Society’s staff. Denial(s) may be appealed to the Board of Trustees.
- Persons wishing to see objects or archival materials for profit making ventures must (a) adhere to all copyright designations; (b) enter into a licensing agreement with the Society.
- No items from the collection may be removed from the premises without staff permission and in accordance with the then existing Loan Policy.
Staff is pleased to conduct research for those interested at a rate of $15.00 per hour with an hour minimum. To utilize this service, please contact the curator at email@example.com or 216-221-7343. This includes house history research, but we recommend using our guide and attempting the research yourself before contracting with us. Click here for information about conducting house history research for homes in Lakewood.
- Romance in the Lakewood Streets by Margaret Manor Butler
- Cleveland Historical also, its iPhone app
- Historic Lakewood Photos - Yesterday's Lakewood from the Cleveland Memory Project
- Library's local history files
- Peoplemaps interactive Cuyahoga County layered maps
- Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps
- Lakewood Lore by Dan Chabek
- 100 years of Lakewood Legislation
Historic Buildings of Lakewood
By Craig Bobby
Historic Buildings Of Lakewood, Ohio -- available in the Reference Department, Lakewood Main Library, 2nd Floor -- contents arranged by address -- a work in progress -- new entries appear periodically.